Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blog Post #7- Final Project Summary



  • Include a summary of your project--- my project will deal directly with advertising campaigns through a Toulmin analysis.  I am most familiar with the Toulmin model and so I tend to favor using this method to perform an objective critique of images.  By assessing claims, warrants, qualifiers, etc of appeals to logos, ethos and/or pathos, I will be able to look at emotional ads and make evaluative comments. 
  • Outline: I think the first step to performing a thorough evaluation is to look frequently at the image being evaluated.  My first step at doing the assessment is to look, with undivided attention, at the series of images in the campaign.  While I'm looking, I will write down quick notes to remind myself what I saw in the individual picture and this will allow me to draw out any similarities between images. After I do this, I'll begin fitting my information into the Toulmin analysis model and drawing appropriate conclusions therefrom. 
  • Summarize your status on the final project— After reading the assignment sheet,  I started to think about how I wanted to present my information in a creative way.  Powerpoint is effective and can be suitably customized to create a unique experience, but I would like to think of other ways to present my data. I haven't quite decided what that will look like, but I have a few ideas to consider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment